What do tequila and a facial toner have in common? Well, if we’re talking about The Healer, the answer is agave. Agave not only is a healthier alternative to sugar when consuming, but it also has ancient healing properties when applied to your skin. And you know it is especially good when the Aztecs used a mixture of agave and salt as a dressing for wounds and skin infections, according to All About Agave.
With National Tequila Day approaching on July 24th, we encourage you to grab your favorite agave-based products and celebrate!
Here are a few of our favorite Tequila based cocktails:
Of course, Ranch Water is first up. It is such an easy at-home cocktail to enjoy while surviving quarantine - especially if you’re in the Texas heat like us.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Lime Juice
- Topo Chico
Directions: The concoction part is up to you based on how strong you like your drinks 😏 Here’s how Alex and The Defined Dish makes her Ranch Waters.
Margarita on the Rocks
You really can’t go wrong with a classic Margarita on the Rocks - especially on National Tequila Day. You could keep things super simple and just add Cointreau to your Ranch Water and add salt to the grim of your glass to make a margarita straight out of Texas. Or, you could use this recipe from Serious Eats:
- 1 Lime Wedge
- 1 Tbs Salt
- 4oz Tequila
- 2oz Cointreau
- 1 1/2oz Lime Juice
- Run a lime wedge around the outer rims of 2 rocks glasses and dip rims in salt. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice. Fill with ice and shake until thoroughly chilled, about 15 seconds (the bottom of a metal shaker should frost over).
- Fill glasses with fresh ice and strain margarita into both glasses. Garnish with lime wheels and serve.
A Paloma is a refreshing and sweeter cocktail. It is especially perfect for a pool day and will make you feel like you’re on a resort - even during a pandemic. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2oz Blanco Tequila
- Fresh Lime Juice
- 1oz Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- .5oz Simple Syrup
- 1oz Chilled Club Soda
- Lime Wedge
- Rub lime around the rim of a collins glass and dab in salt (optional)
- Add tequila, lime juice, grapefruit juice, and simple syrup to a shaker tin
- Add ice and shake for 15 seconds
- Double strain into a collins glass with ice
- Top with club soda and stir
- Garnish with lime wedge
*Courtesy of Cocktail Chemistry Lab.
The Green Boxer
If grapefruit isn’t your thing, try the Green Boxer. Here’s what it’s made with:
- 1 1/2 oz Tequila
- ½ oz Fresh Squeezed Tequila
- ½ oz Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- ½ 0oz lime juice cordial
- ¼ oz Green Chartreuse
In a mixing tin, add all ingredients together. Fill with ice, and shake hard for 10 seconds. Double strain into a rocks glass, and garnish with a lime wheel.
*Courtesy of Men’s Journal.
Man of Leisure
Last, but not least, the Man of Leisure. This cocktail is for those with an elevated Tequila palette and a lover of craft cocktails. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1oz Tequila
- 1 ½ oz Whiskey
- ½ oz Lime Juice
- ¼ oz Simple Syrup
- 1 ½ oz ginger beer
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- Limed wedge, for garnish
Directions: Combine whiskey, tequila, lime juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a snifter with ice. Top with ginger beer, Angostura bitters, and garnish with a lime wedge.
*Courtesy of Eater.com.
Not sure what type of tequila to start with? We can stand behind any of the tequilas listed on the Robb Report. View Tequilas.